Oaks Construction is seeking a Master level Carpenter with a self-starting, team-orientated attitude. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a fantastic work environment.
- Framing walls, floors, ceilings, and roof structures using common building materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Frame rough openings for windows & doors. Install windows & doors, door hardware, interior and exterior trim.
- Fluent with construction scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels safely.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Ability to cut & install material while minimizing waste to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Has his or her own tool belt with personal everyday hand tools used for general construction.
- Ability to Remove, repair and replace damaged or defective parts or sections of structures.
- Demonstrates ability to inspect finish details on any given project.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
- Ability to lead and communicate with a crew.
- 10+ years industry experience, experience with kitchen installations and decking a plus;
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, innovative and forward thinking;
- Proper knowledge and use of construction power tools;
- Participate and support implementation of continuous improvement culture;
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to each job.
Pay: $25-$30/hour depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Framing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road